Monday 23 April 2012

When I first realised what he did was rape

At first I didn't understand what had happened to me. I didn't understand that I had been raped. Cause see, it wasn't rape in the way you read in the media, where someone gets attacked in a park by a stranger with a knife. It was something different, I will tell you more on that later when I feel ready.

I didn't fully understand it was rape even when my friend told me straight out: "That was rape" or even when we decided to talk to her flatmate, who is a policeman and he advised me to go to the police.
I dont think I started realising until later on, at the policestation.
I went up to the front desk and told them I wanted to report a sexual assault. A young policeman took me and my friend into a room to take my details for the initial report they call CAD. So he asked for my name, number, address, where the incident occured and then what actually happened.
I couldnt really find the words, so he asked me: "Was it sexual assault by touching?"
Then I just told him in once sentence what happened, and he told me to stop, he would get a female officer for me, and he wrote down one word on that piece of paper.

That word was Rape

No comments:

Post a Comment